Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In My Email

Photobucket


I have no idea how long this has been floating around, but...this is a forward that I actually was pretty jazzed about. It is all about water. Is it all true? Who knows, but I thought I would give some water drinking a go, because really it is good for me now isn't it?

My email also said some stuff about Coke...I didn't really need email to tell me much about Coke. Though I did learn that it is supposed to be an outstanding ingredient in cooking a ham. Do I want to try the tip it gave? What is that tip? Since my mind is on a random little butterfly hunt, I'll tell you that according to the email you can pour a can of coke into the baking pan with a ham and bake. Supposedly a half an hour before the ham is ready, you take it out and mix the drippings with the coke that is in the bottom of the pan for a yummy gravy. Hmmmmmm. I don't know. I do know that Coke and ketchup make a great BBQ sauce. A biker friend from back in the day shared that with me. Well...off the tangent and back to WATER....


#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population.)


#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is mistaken for hunger.


#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism by 3%.


#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.


#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.


#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.


#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
the computer screen or on a ! printed page.


#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water
you should drink every day?



So back to me...muah ha ha! I am going to give water drinking a huge go for the rest of this month and the month of May. Let's see what it does. :)

We'll call it THE WATER CHRONICLES. :) Okay...I'll call it that. I'm just curious to see what really drinking water might do. :) I already know what drinking coffee does...it makes me really cool. ;) Hey, I'm just joking. Nah...I'm pretty cool.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow! I want to try this too. :-) I'll join ya on the water chronicles and we'll see if we're stronger, smarter, and more energetic! lol

Maybe we can patent a "Water Diet"!

lol

kalea_kane said...

lol :) I have all my travel bottles set up. :) My son is my best example. He is a water drinking nut! He has a stainless steel bottle with him wherever he goes. Not bad for a 14 year old.

Alyce said...

Oops, I read the other post first! Those stats are amazing. I guess I'm going to have to make more of an effort to drink my water.