Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Long Two Weeks

Photobucket


I am sooooooo totally happy to be back on the blog today!!!!! I feel like I haven't been around in months. That is really how fast blog time seems to fly! It has actually been about two weeks. Well...roughly two weeks. I have a lot of catching up to do! My email is over 10000, and I have massive blog posts to read! I totally miss getting to read all of my favorite blogs.

For the past two weeks I have had to devote more time than usual to my job. I work at a Christian radio station. It is a non profit radio station to boot. This means that about twice a year we have a pledge drive. Now some radio stations are part of a bigger group. They are located in one area but broadcast all over. This can make funding rough but they have a larger reach so they have a bigger bank of donors. Our station is independent and local. We broadcast over Central and Northern Arizona. This gives us a smaller pool of donors BUT we really get to know our listeners. We develop a real relationship that is by far more rewarding than just about any job I have ever had. Our listeners are like family. As much hard work as the pledge drive is, it is kind of like a family reunion.

Anyway, pledge drives keep the whole staff very busy. I have spent the past month calling up listeners and looking for volunteers, organizing gifts, contacting ministries and artists for promotional spots. It has been utter mayhem! Last week was the actually pledge drive, and from Tuesday to Friday I spent my mornings in the action room taking calls and helping our volunteers take pledges from roughly 6 am to 12 pm, this would be followed by a quick run home for a nap, a fast sandwich and then back to the studio to work on air from 2 pm to 8 pm.

And now I am just feeling chipper as can be, because I had a wonderful week (busy but wonderful) and now I can go enjoy some good blog reading! YAY!!!! Somehow it also put me in an 80s mood so I thought I'd share some 80s music too! I use to just love this song!

10 comments:

Pam said...

I'm so glad you are back. I have missed you. Glad the pledge drive was a success.

Gwendolyn B. said...

Well, welcome back! Glad to know the pledge drive went so well - it actually sounds like a lot of fun! I was away from the blog world for a bit, too. Funny how addictive it becomes! I've given up on catching up - now I'm just trying to stay in the game.

Unknown said...

Yay! You're back! Did you say you had 10000 emails?!? Oh my goodness!

Parsley said...

What is the name of your station? Not KLOVE is it?

kalea_kane said...

Thank you, Pam! I missed you too! The pledge drive was good, and I am very happy about that, but glad it is over too. :) Now I am getting set for Women of Faith.

kalea_kane said...

I agree Gwendolyn, blogging and blog reading does become addictive. I cant wait to catch up. :) Maybe I'll just start from scratch on Saturday when I get back from Women of Faith.

The pledge drive was a lot of fun. It is a little hectic, because I spent the first half with the volunteers and fielding phone calls. Being on the air in the second half is fun too, but hard to hit the bathroom! :)

kalea_kane said...

Hey Susie! Yep...10,000 emails. Talk about scary!

kalea_kane said...

Nope, not KLOVE. :) I work for Radio Shine. You can check us out at www.radioshine.org. We are a local station. KLOVE is a wonderful station, but it is kind of all over the place. :) Not a bad thing. It is nice that they have that reach! :)

Jenny Girl said...

Glad you're back! Just erase the reader and start from scratch or else you'll never catch up. I won't hold it against you.
Very col about the radio station and I hope it was a big success. Can you come dancing now?
One of my favs too.

kalea_kane said...

I think that is a good idea. I don't know if I'll ever catch up otherwise. Especially since I completely forgot that I had to work the Women of Faith conference this weekend. :) I am ready for a nice long nap. :) I'll have to wait for Wednesday when there is nothing on television. :)

Thanks for dropping by Jenny!