Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Musical Blast From My Past - It Takes Two

Ahhhhhh dance music. When I was in my teens, there was nothing I liked more than going to the skating rink to hear dance music, skate, and talk to and flirt with boys. It was a very innocent time. As we got older, they started to put in under 21 clubs which sold soda and played lots of dance music.

Another option for hearing good music and dancing was the fake ID. The fake ID was not for the chance to drink (at least not for me and my friends), it was just a chance to go out and dance and have fun.

There were so many places I loved to go to when I was in my 20s in Rhode Island and Maine. One place was Barry's in Warwick, Rhode Island. I understand it is not open anymore. Total bummer. We use to go there for dancing and burgers (when we were of age). :) I also worked at the Cahoot's Lounge in the Providence Marriott (gone as well) which was pretty popular back in the day. It was nice working in nightclubs because you got to enjoy the party but make money at the same time.


Anyway, this song kind of reminds me of all that time. I just thought it would be fun to share. :)



The video isn't the greatest, but when I close my eyes, it totally captures that feeling. :)

No comments: