Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Friday, April 15, 2011

HCG - The Decision

Photobucket



A few months (maybe three or so) ago one of my friends called my office and told me that she was starting the HCG program. She didn't call the office for that, it was just something she mentioned in the conversation. I had heard about HCG when a co-worker started taking the drops as part of a weight loss regimen, and I read an article in Marie Claire. Both of these things made me consider the diet myself and dismiss it. When a guy loses lots of weight it is a good-for-you thing for me, because let's face it, guys lose weight so easy. And a magazine article is another thing that I find informative, but as I do not know the writer, I am slightly impressed. Actually maybe a little more than slightly, but still without knowing the person, you don't know their struggle or for that matter will power.

Since I was aware of the drops and the shots, and it seemed like EVERYONE was doing the drops, I asked if she was going to do the drops. She told me no, she was seeing a doctor and going on the shots. OUCH! I thought. No...I think I even said it. I asked her to let me know how it went for her, because this friend, like myself, has had a serious struggle with weight and is also hypothyroid. That evening I looked up a few things on HCG online and then filed it all back in my ever cluttered brain.

Three weeks ago this friend dropped into the office to leave us with some posters for a women's retreat. She looked awesome! Seriously AWESOME. I should say that she looked awesome before. She is simply beautiful. She is one of those people with such a sunny smile and positive demeanor that you can't help but love her to death the moment you meet her. Still the woman that walked into the office went from a size 16 to a size 8 and was absolutely thrilled about her weight loss.

Needless to say, after seeing results walk in the door, I began to think a little more seriously about going on an HCG plan (otherwise why would I be writing this?). I asked for her doctor's phone number and decided to keep this option in mind after doing a little more research. At home that afternoon, I looked up more information on HCG and found a boatload of websites and whatnot selling the stuff. I saw before and after photos, but they were pretty much also in these product websites. Finally I found a message board (HCG Diet Info Forums) and read some posts from people who were on the plan in various ways (from homeopathic drops to shots), and I happily read some more stories that were there only to share their progress and stories and not just out to get people to buy stuff.

That night I asked my husband if he would be willing to give me shots (I have a hand tremor). He looked at me like I just dropped from the sky. Seriously...it was one of those half-bewildered/half my-wife-is-crazy looks. He told me he would, and that was all the encouragement I needed. I decided to call the doctor and set up an appointment, and in my very special procrastinating to the extreme way, I called two days later.

So all of this to say that I will be starting the HCG diet. I really don't know what you call it, so don't hate me if I am calling it something wrong. Since I couldn't really find a blog about it, I decided to share what I am doing here. It should also help me be accountable.

I'll fill in as I go. Wish me luck!

PS: I'll toss in my BEFORE pics soon.

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

One of the guys at work did this and does look really good.It sounds drastic to me though. Lookingforward to hearing about your results.
Ann