Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Let's Pretend We're In a Movie!!!!


mindbump suggested by Lord I Want To Be Whole

"If a movie was made about your life what would the name of the movie be? What genre of movie would it be, comedy, horror, drama, romantic? Who would play your character? Who would be your romantic lead?

I am relaxing in front of the television with the love of my life, and I have decided that I have watched enough UFC. Love it, but I have seen enough today. I haven't been on the computer in a few days, and I thought that this might be a good time to get a little typing in. :) I have had multitudes of stress hitting me, but I'll get to that tomorrow...maybe. I want to write light. So for now I am just going to do some escape writing. So why not another mindbump? I jumped from prompt to prompt and found this one to tackle. This one seemed like something I would never do, but the more I thought about it (well, I thought for all of ten seconds), I became convinced that it was the one I should do.

So if a movie was made out of my life what would the name of the movie be? Enroute To Life. Why would I pick that name? Because my life has been a journey. I know, everyone's life is a journey, but I have always had a gypsy's soul, and travelling is how I relate to many experiences in my life. You can break down a lot of my life according to the small journeys I have taken.

As for genre, I cannot say that it would be horror, adventure, drama, chick flick, or even science fiction, because my life is more than one genre. Maybe not sci-fi, but I HAVE been to my share of comic book conventions so who knows? I would say that I would have to have a serial, and not just a regular film, because my life has been comedy, chick flick (not a fave genre of mine), drama, horror, adventure, and of course love story.

A quick break down of my life film...
Comedy: I once worked at a Hooters. My first week there, I ran into every guy I had ever dated. No...REALLY! Granted, it was a small state, but imagine the discomfort of this kind of experience. Seriously, imagine singing "I Wish I Was A Little Bar Of Soap" in front of the guy who broke your teenage heart. Not fun. Though far less embarrassing than your skate getting stuck on a french fry causing you to slip on your orange-shorted bottom. Not only that...my future ex boyfriend was also at that Hooters during that first week I worked there (we somehow got into one of those "It's a small world discussions." I wish I had known then what I know now. LONG STORY.

Adventure: I love road trips. I have taken hundreds over the year. Each one has filled me with a sense of excitement and adventure. Very little is more exciting to me than a trip to another place in this great big ole country of ours. I love seeing how other people live, and I really enjoy seeing those silly road attractions.

Chick Flick: Kind of self explanatory. I am a woman. Haven't we all had a chick flick moment. Heck, I met and eventually fell in love with a man I met online. I didn't fall in love with him online, but that is how we met. We became friends through meeting online, that friendship developed into a long-distance romance, and that progressed to a wedding in Vegas (well, Valley of Fire). Now if that ISN'T an ingredient in a chick flick...tell me what is.

Drama: I am a former single mom. LOTS of drama there. It is all water under the bridge now, but boy could I tell you some stories!

Horror: I have some seriously scary nightmares. Anyone of them would qualify for a good horror movie. I also lived in a very scary house in New England. Some people might think that I imagined the things that happened in that house, but my family knows differently. That place had a seriously creepy vibe, and it was a short dirt road walk to the cemetery.

Love Story: I am living it now. :)

Who would play my character? No idea. I would like to imagine that it would be someone who was relatively unknown, because I really find that to be far more believable. As for the romantic lead...I do not think that is necessary. Granted, I have a very romantic lead in my life, but why does that have to automatically be assumed for a film of my life? It would depend on the film anyway. What might work in horror could fall flat in comedy. I will just leave it at this. I could not begin to cast any characters in a film about my life...that is a lie. I could cast one. I had a school friend who would HAVE to be played by James Spader. Why? He was just as snarky and obnoxious as James Spader in just about any film he did in the 80s. This is not to say that I do not like James Spader nor do I dislike this old friend. He is just the only person that I could DEFINITELY cast, and yeah, he was a jerk. :)

Okay...maybe this didn't turn out exactly the way I thought it might, but it did open up my mind a bit. Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your comments at J. Kaye's Book Blog. Hope you'll become a regular.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, thanks for joining the Lit Flicks Challenge. I'm excited to see what movies and books you select. Remember to check in around the first of every month for giveaways and activities.