Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Made To Crave - Study Day One - Introduction

Philippians 4:3
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   


For the next several weeks, I will be studying the book "Made To Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.  I would love it if you joined me, because I can use all the encouragement and accountability that I can get. If you would like to join me but do not have the book, you can start with the Introduction available here.  

Today is my week one, and I am clinging to Lysa's word of the week EMPOWERED. You can click on the word to take you to a refrigerator print out which I am definitely going to use.  We are children of God, and He has empowered us with the strength we need in the tough times.  The first week is possibly going to be the hardest, but it is time to replace preoccupation with food appearance to total submission to His will.  I am so ready.  

Through reading the introduction, I realize that I really need to bring this battle to the Lord.  I have not really done that.  I wanted to lose weight, but I didn't really want to change, and I certainly didn't want to ask God for His help.  And to me that is the funniest thing.  In so many aspects of my life, I have been and am able to reach out to God, and ask Him for His help, but with food, I have not wanted to bring God into the battle even though He has helped me with so many other battles and desires in my life.  This is the biggest signal to me that I need to make changes and that not only will I need to battle with my flesh but this is also a spiritual battle.


So today I will focus on this verse from the introduction:

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Mark 8:34

(Pretty much working on denying me here like Lysa says in the Introduction)
My game plan today and the next few days is to simply ask for God to give me the strength that I need today.

No comments: