Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Will You Join Me on a Journey? Made To Crave




2 Timothy 1:7
For god did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline.


 I’ve got an invitation for you.  Monday, July 23rd I’m going to take a journey, and I would love and appreciate if you would like to come along.  


I have lived a life where food was a major focus of mine.  I was anorexic when I was a teenager, throughout high school and in college. Food was my center.  As a teenager and young adult I turned away from food as a punishment to myself and as a way to show others how controlled I was and how adult.  How silly all that was!

As a much older adult and after a serious thyroid issue which caused my metabolism to flat line and myself to round out (the most graceful word I can choose), food became my enemy.  It was all consuming.  It didn't matter what I ate, I would gain weight.  It could taste good and fattening or bland and unsatisfying.  The result was all the same.  I don’t know when it took center stage in my life, but I know that it is time to take the big hook out and pull it off the stage so I can focus on the true center in my life God. 

I have discovered that in my life, I have turned to food with my sorrows, joys and even loneliness when I should be turning to the creator of the universe the one who knows me best and loves me most, AND that means I need to be singularly focused, I need to be serious, and I need to be determined.  So I am going to be delving into the book "Made To Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst, and I would love for you to join me!  No really I would love it.  I really need a partner in this.


 Monday, July 23rd we’ll start with beginning the 21 Day Challenge.  This challenge can get everyone’s feet wet and help you decide if you want to invest in the book itself.  You can even download the intro for free at the Made To Crave website just in case you want a little more.    Monday, July 31st, we'll start reading and working through the book.  Most studies I have found of Made To Crave are about six weeks.  We'll go seven to include the first part of the 21 Day Challenge.  If this speaks to you, I would love it if you would join me and be my accountability partner and I would be honored to be yours.  At the very least, check in every Monday and see how things are progressing.  :)


Well the links are above, and really they give you a perfect opportunity to learn a little bit more.  There is also a nice video from Lysa that could be a real blessing to you as well.  

No comments: