Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Savings With A Smile

Photobucket


I have been thinking very seriously about Christmas lately. When you think about it, who isn't? Have you noticed more toy commercials are starting to play during prime time, and of course the stores are sneaking things out in a total war with Halloween. Because my husband and I have been trying to think of thrifty ways to celebrate Christmas, I have begun my hunt for gifts that I can make. Because my son goes through jeans like a typical teenage boy, I thought I'd look into what I can make with denim. I am not a crafty sewing dynamo, but in case you are...I'm sharing some with you. :)

Overalls Bag - Now this one in particular uses kid's overalls. You can definitely pick these up at the thrift store if you don't already have them on hand. This is from Craftbits.com.

Blue Jeans Denim Bootie Bag Purse - This utilizes the bootie of the jeans. :) A good pair of old mom jeans would probably make for a bigger bag (not because of big booties but because of the high waist), but thankfully they are kind of hard to find. I love the idea of making a clutch with some low rise jeans. This is also from Craftbits.com.

Boho Jeans Purse - I really like this one because it has a hippy look that I've been fond of (probably a side effect of being a child born in the late 60s. This is from eHow.com.

Denim slippers - These are seriously cute. This is quite possibly, no definitely is beyond my sewing abilities, but I am sure there are plenty of you out there who can whip this up in no time. I do have a sewing machine though. Maybe I should take the plunge. This how to is from Nancy Minsky and I picked it up from guardian.co.uk.

Demin Coasters - This is one of my faves. Arlette is a woman after my own heart, but way more talented. She saves jeans like I do, and has come up with lovely things to do with them. One of my faves is this amazing denim coaster that she makes by using the seams. Well follow the link and you'll see what I am writing about. It is genius! Again, this is from Arlette of the blog Polka Dot Pineapple. She has a lot of great tutorials on her blog, so prepare to spend some serious time.

Denim Christmas Tree Ornaments - These can make a great Christmas gift or even a great item to put on Christmas presents. This came from the talented Melissa of One Crafty Mumma.

Denim Christmas Stockings - There is a simple tutorial from Washington State University. The directions reminded me that if you are sewing denim...get a denim needle for your machine.

Coffee Cozy - Can you believe I actually found these online for sale from $6 up to $16? Actually after seeing $16, I had to stop looking. Make your own coffee cozy or make some for gifts by following the very simple tutorial at thriftyfun.com.

Denim Baby Bibs - I was going to stop with the coffee cozies, but when I stopped by Thimbly Things by Kristena Derrick, I had to share a link to her denim baby big tutorial.

FREE ACTIVITY FOR KIDS

Okay...I seriously am stoked to share something that is way cool. If only I were a child between the age of 6 and 14. I am sure that some of you out there may know one. Here is the skinny. Lego stores have a mini model build. Each month the kids can learn how to make an awesome Lego mini model and take it home for free. Of course this is while supplies last. They try to go with a monthly theme so November's theme is a turkey which is totally perfect for us here in the US. Lego stores in the UK and Germany are doing acorns. At first this threw me, but then I had that "aha" moment. Now we are here in Arizona, and there are only two Lego stores but if you live in Chandler or Phoenix, you should definitely look them up and find out more details. According to the Lego site, the builds are on November 1st. Follow the links below to learn more about the mini build and to find a store location in the US.

LINK: Lego Mini Build Details

LINK: Lego Store Locations


FREE SAMPLES

If you haven't ordered this before, sign up at Facebook for the NeilMed Neti Pot. We have one of these and they are great! They are especially helpful with allergies.

LINK: NeilMed Neti Pot

While supplies last you can head over to Downy's Facebook page and request a free sample of their Downy Unstopables Scent Booster. They work extremely well. I've tried them already. Follow the link.

Link: Downy Unstopables

Know any families with babys? Let them know that they can get a free subscription right now to American Baby. I don't know how long this will be around, but it has been a great magazine. I subscribed way back in the day. :)

LINK: American Baby Subscription

If you have a child who loves coloring and trains, why not order them this free Toby the Train coloring book.

LINK: Toby the Train coloring book

Like the Pampers Kandoo Facebook page and you can download their sweet little coloring book for the kids.

LINK: Kandoo Coloring Book download

Luvs is giving away free diapers! More details to come on Friday, October 28th on their Facebook page.

LINK: Luvs Facebook

An absolutely fabulous blog called Developing a Heart for Home has some fabulous turkey printables that will be great for homeschooling families or even for some extra activities to have on hand on Thanksgiving day to keep the kids happy. Follow the link below which will take you to their blog.



LINK: Developing A Heart For Home - Turkey Printables

REBATES

Get a $10 Rebate when you buy two L'Oreal Youth Code Products. The purchases must be made in one transaction between October 19, 2011 and November 21, 2011 and postmarked by December 12, 2011. Be sure to follow all the instructions on your rebate form.


REBATE: L'Oreal Youth Code $10 Rebate

Pick up one Arm & Hammer Simply Saline Neti Pot kit and you can recieve a refund check by mail up to $14.99. Purchase between 9/6/2011 and 7/31/2013.

REBATE LINK: Arm & Hammer Simply Saline Neti Pot

Crayola is offering you the chance to get over $30 in rebates when you purchase specific products. Make sure you include original cash register receipts and purchase these items between September 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. Here is a list of the products:

1. Glow Dome – $4.00
2. Crayon Maker with Story Studio Bonus – $4.00
3. Glow Board Disney/Pixar Cars 2 – $4.00
4. Glow Book – $3.00
5. Glow Board – $3.00
6. Color Wonder Magic Light Brush™ with Metallic Paper – $3.00
7. Model Magic Jewelry Boutique™ – $3.00
8. Crayola Beginnings Color Me A Song™ – $3.00
9. Story Studio Disney Princess – $2.00
10. Story Studio Disney/Pixar Cars 2 – $2.00
11. Story Studio Spider-Man – $2.00

REBATE: Crayola

FREE FOOD


Take the kids to IHOP on October 28, 2011 and kids 12 and under can get a Scary Face Pancake for Free between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm. Dine in only.

LINK: Scary Face Pancake at IHOP

More Block Buster Kiosk Codes. Sometimes these don't work so write them all down. I usually text them to myself. These are for the dollar rentals and expire on 10/28.

64KJRD4
33WHZS5
63JRTW5
37CDJS2
52ABDP8
53BPSP5
73KWMR8
22KRFT9
33JBHG4
73SGLM3
22MAYB2

These Codes expire on 10/31

DAMON (Valid only on Matt Damon Movies)
56WHZS3
58JRTW6
68BPSP6
74JBHG9
23SGLM4
74CDJS8
34KWMR7
75DABC2
73CEHW9

Locate a kiosk near you: Blockbuster Kiosks

FREE EBOOKS

I love eBooks. I love regular paper books too, but eBooks are just awesome for having on hand at any time. The readers are also amazing for when you are working out. Just push a button rather than hold a book and turn the page. It is wonderful on a treadmill! I don't know how long these books will be free so check them out, and if you are interested, download them fast.

One Imperfect Christmas by Myra Johnson (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)

Cookie Swap Cookbook by Gooseberry Patch (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)

The Lord is My Sheperd (Psalm 23 Mystery Series #1) by Debbie Viguie (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)

Autism's Hidden Blessings by Kelly Langston (AMAZON)




4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Thanks for all the links! I wish I was under 12 so I could get one of those scary face pancakes.

Liz Mays said...

I had no idea there were so many denim options for the holidays! I like those Downy Unstoppables, and I bought my daughter a neti pot with some salts last Christmas! She says it works so well!

Brenda said...

Thank you for all this wonderful information! I just ordered a Toby coloring book for my son. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Kate W. said...

I hope you will check my blog Nostalgiaedited.com. You have won my blog's Halloween memory contest but need to contact me. Please check your email. This is not a joke.