Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Mayhem - Odd Cleaning Services

Welcome to Monday Mayhem.



Join Us for Monday Mayhem

Today's Meme is a reflection of our participants. It is called the Philippines and the Americans. Let's test our knowledge of our country and others.




Answer these questions as best as you know how. You may learn something new....


What is the 'official name' of each country?

The Republic of the Philippines
The United States of America

Which country has more people living in it?

I'm guessing the US, but truly this is based purely on my experience on California highways (my commute sucked).

Name a famous Spanish explorer who had a great impact on each country.



Megellan and Columbus


Who has the better shoe collection?
  1. Imelda R. Marcos
  2. Carrie Bradshaw
  3. Harriet
I think I would like Harriet's shoes more than Imelda's, and seeing as Carrie Bradshaw is a fictional character, I'll have to pass on her collection.

What is the shape of a football?
  1. Oval
  2. Round
  3. Don't want to stir up controversy.
Do I have to pick one of these?

What's the difference between a hurricane and a typhoon?
  1. Same damn thing stupid
  2. Where they occur according to the dateline
  3. One is intended to wipe out Florida the other is intended to keep relatives from moving in.
  4. 1 and 2

I don't want to call you stupid, but yeah...1 and 2.

What is the proper spelling of the word ' color '?
  1. Colour
  2. Color
  3. Don't want to stir up controversy.

I just saw an argument on this, and definitely do not want to stir up controversy. I spell it color. If I got to England, I will probably not spell it colour because I don't plan on walking around spelling things if I go to England. If I go to the Philippines, I probably wont think to ask.


Who makes the best Pizza?

  1. Domino's
  2. Pizza Hut
  3. Lou Malnati's
  4. Some dude in NYC
Who's Lou Malnati? The best pizza I have had so far is at a little place here in AZ called Chi Town Pizza. Their sauce is incredible. Domino's definitely is way down on the pizza chain and apparently, according to their commercials, stalks any focus group who expresses a dislike for their grub. ***Wow...I never use the word grub***




Which country does Thom live closer to?



  1. US
  2. Philippines
  3. Who cares?
  4. Who the heck is Thom?
Last time I checked Hawaii counted as the US. I am guessing that Thom lives in the US so can you live close to a country you live in? Is this a trick question? Does this mean Thom lives close to the Philippines? My head hurts now. Thanks soooo much.

Finally, tell us something great about your country.


What do you want to know? Ummm...I am sorry. I just got completely distracted because I found out that there is a company here called Jock Strap Cleaning. How's that for a country?


Thanks for playing.

Join Us for Monday Mayhem

8 comments:

Hazel said...

American English is more widely used in the Philippines, so color would be just color or I don't know anymore. I haven't been there in awhile.

Cecile said...

i enjoyed your answers, dear :-); made me laugh!

Pam said...

How funny. I can just imagine walking around in England spelling words to see if anyone notices.

Anonymous said...

I had the same question on Lou. I couldn't figure that one out LOL. Must be a Harriet thing. :) Great answers.

I am Harriet said...

Jock Strap cleaning? ewe...

I own a lot of Uggs which I am wearing the heck out of this winter :)

Thanks for playing!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You can never have a clean enough jock... :)

Unknown said...

Hehe you made me laugh with the last one, just do the research guys, Jock Strap is cleanin.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Loved your answers... you made me laugh. But I have to disagree with you on the shoes one.... I don't care if Carrie Bradshaw is a fictional character, I would die for her shoe collection!!
And as for typhoons and hurricanes, living in Florida, I would have to say that answer 3 should actually read:
BOTH are intended to wipe out Florida AND intended to keep relatives from moving in.
Hope you have a great week!!