Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Review: Stop the Traffik: People Shouldn't Be Bought & Sold by Steve Chalke and Cherie Blair

Photobucket




I was fortunate to get a copy of Stop The Traffik through FIRST Wild Card, and I unfortunately had so much internet trouble I couldn't post my review. So here it is now:


I wanted to read this book, because I felt I should read this book. I can say that this was not an enjoyable read. It was disturbing, sad, and it hurt my heart. Though it was not an enjoyable read, I can say it was a must read. Stop Traffik awakens the mind with what is going on all over this world. There are millions of people out there who are being forced into slave labor in some of the most horrid sense of the word. Stop Traffik will give you the facts and put in your face real stories of the damage that is done in this world where man still believes they have the right to buy and sell and enslave others for their own good. It is a tale of the hopeless who are doing all they can for hope and getting tricked into degrading circumstances. But there is hope and there is help, but we all need to do our part. We all need to see with our eyes what is out there and not just assume all is well in the world if it is well with us. We can put pressure on the higher powers that have turned a blind eye to the issue of human trafficking. If this was happening to someone you loved, if it was happening to you, what would you hope that someone would do? Page 152 of this book gives you ways to get started in helping eliminate this crime against humanity. You can also get information on their website
http://www.stopthetraffik.org/

I highly recommend this book.



1 comment:

Staci said...

I saw this reviewed on another Wild Card tour blog and as I understand your feelings it's also a must read so that more people are aware of this issue. Great review!