Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Review: Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet

Photobucket

Sundays at Tiffany's
by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Publ. Date: January 6, 2009
ISBN: 978-0446199445
336 pages
Trade Paperback
Fiction






First a Summary: As a little girl, Jane has no one. Her mother, the powerful head of a Broadway theater company, has no time for her. She does have one friend-a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael-but only she can see him.


Years later, Jane is in her thirties and just as alone as ever. Then she meets Michael again-as handsome, smart and perfect as she remembers him to be. But not even Michael knows the reason they've really been reunited.


SUNDAYS AT TIFFANY'S is a love story with an irresistible twist, a novel about the child inside all of us-and the boundary-crossing power of love.




My Review: How can I begin? Sundays at Tiffany's was delightful. It embodied everything I enjoy about reading James Patterson. His stories have such an incredible beat and flow to them. It is like reading a song. You get so caught up in the story that before you even realize it, you are three quarters of the way through. For me, this is when the anxiety hits. This is when I realize that I am almost to the point where I have to wait for another James Patterson story to take me away.



I immediately fell in love with young Jane. Such a sweet child so lost in the world of her glamorous mother. Jane has the fortunate gift of a wonderful friend, Michael. Michael is the utmost in imaginary friends. He is handsome, a great listener, and he is entirely devoted to his Jane. Michael's and Jane's friendship is completely charming and wonderful, and I found myself thinking I should have thought larger when I had my own imaginary friend.



Jane as an adult is equally loveable. You find her likeable from the get go and you desperately want to see this woman happy. I do not want to go into anything that could remotely give the story away, but I will say that this goes above and beyond in good story telling with an ending that is not predictable.



Sundays at Tiffany's is a truly remarkable story, and I am so glad that I was given the opportunity to read it.



My thanks goes to Valerie at Hachette Book Group USA for giving me the opportunity to read and review one of my favorite authors.



PS...If you haven't entered yet, please go check out my giveaway of Sundays at Tiffany's. I am telling you...you will LOVE this book! There is a giveaway link in my side bar! :)






2 comments:

ANovelMenagerie said...

Patterson wrote Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas (my favorite romantic drama novel). So, when I saw this in hardcover, I snagged it and read it in like 1 day. I loved it, too!

Darlene said...

Lovely review! I really enjoyed this book too. I love a story like this that takes me away for a while. I'm really looking forward to his next one. I'm glad you liked it.