Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NATIONAL FOOD BANK WEEK

Did you know that the week of October 19 to the 25 is National Food Bank week? I didn't either. I kind of had a feeling though. In a very short time it will be Thanksgiving. Those food banks are VERY busy around this time of year, and in fact things are just rough nowadays and their stores are getting low. I have a friend who works at our local food bank, and she said that they are lower than they have been in a long time. We need to help out. They help so many people. While you are at it, maybe think of helping out places like the Salvation Army too. Thanksgiving is also a big time of the year for them.

I will always have a spot in my heart for the Salvation Army. There was a time when I had nothing. I worked and had just enough to pay our rent. The Salvation Army provided me with a new toy for my son for Christmas. It was a cobbler bench, and he still talks about it to this day (he is 13!). I will never forget them for that.

If you have a chance, maybe you would like to check out the listing below and find a food bank near you. Maybe you could help them out a bit.

Food Bank Locator -- Feeding America

Take care!

No comments: