Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Made To Crave 21 Day Challenge

 **Taking this step by step. --Kelly

Psalm 37:4-5
"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this."


I love these verses, and I will be focusing on them today as I attempt my first steps into readjusting my attitude towards food and the place that it should be in my life.  It is time to drop food down several notches in the chain of command.


Today I started reading Lysa TerKeurst's "21 Day Challenge" for a bit of a head start before really diving into her book "Made To Crave -Satisfying Your Deepest  Desire With God, Not Food."  Today Lysa's thought for the day was "Eating in its proper context is not the problem.  God gave us food for nourishment, strength, and even celebration.  But when pleasure becomes unrestrained, there's a problem."


Oh how well do I get that!  That pretty much describes much of my relationship with food or at least with the foods that I have issue with like carbs.  I can restrain myself for days, but once I go off and eat something like a cookie, it is like a door opens and I just cannot shut it.  I will not eat one cookie or even two.  I will probably work my way through seven cookies and then I will move on  to something salty to balance it out.  I will probably whirlwind my way through several different food items before finally just stopping because I am stuffed and gross.  Then I just feel horrible about myself.  That feeling does not help me stay on track.  In fact, messing up on a good eating plan is likely to get me to blow it for an entire day, because I will figure "What is the point?  I've already blown it."


Today I am realizing that I need to not focus on those feelings.  I need to make God my center, and put my feelings under His care.  I know it is all going to be baby steps for me, but without a step here and there, I am going to go nowhere.  Today is just the beginning.  Also as I have been learning to give my fears to God, I also need to give this struggle to Him.  I need God in this battle.  I also need the help and support of friends.  So if you would like, please come along. 


As you read the book you will find that it is not about a diet plan.  That is for you to decide on with a doctor.  I have been thinking about what I would like to do.  I am going to attempt to do this without a gym.  The reason for that is that I want to do this without extra expenses.  We can't all afford to go to the gym, if you can, wonderful!  There is a $10 gym right by the station, and although I know that is something that I can swing, I still would like to at least do the next seven weeks on my own as far as working out goes.  You might also want to check out Sparkpeople.com.  It is a great place to get on track with fitness goals.  I just joined a Made To Crave group there for a little extra push.  Be sure to stop back on Monday for my next post.  I hope you come along! 


You can sign up for the "21 Day Challenge" here and you will get each day emailed to you.  Learn more about "Made To Crave" here.  Download the Introduction to "Made To Crave" here

No comments: