Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

OOOH Cooking With Cranberries!

Photobucket


To continue my pursuit of new recipes that I can try once off of my diet, I am going to add the cranberry dishes that have been blowing my mind!

Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork - I love the idea of combining cranberries with pork, and of course slow cooking is my dream way to cook! This recipe came from Allrecipes.com. I love getting their email updates with fabulous recipes!

Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- I truly am a fan of Ocean Spray jellied cranberries, but the idea of making my own cranberry sauce is too good to pass up. Plus can you imagine how amazing this would make the house smell? I can practically visualize the aroma of cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and orange juice wafting through the house! Oh the joy of slow cooking! Another great recipe via Allrecipes.com!

Mulled Cranberry Cider
- We are doing a Christmas dinner party in Lake Havasu with my family, and I really think that I am going to bring my slow cooker along so I can hook the fam up with this tasty beverage. Again big honkin thanks to Allrecipes.com!

Kielbasa Made Easy - The idea of barbecue and kielbasa is probably bizzaro for right now, because event though I live in Arizona it is getting cold (it has already snowed once here in Prescott). I do want to make this at a later date or perhaps surprise my husband with some summer food when it is really chilly. We could picnic at home in the winter! This came via Kimberly through Allrecipes.com.

Cranberry Crumb Bars
- When I saw the pictures for these yummy bars at Good Life Eats, I knew I had to make these. The recipe is really simple and full of all kinds of good for you things that will knock down a lot of the guilt from eating this treat. Hey, cranberries are only around for a short time anyway.

Quick Cranberry Bread
- When I was in my early teens, I lived with my brother and my sister-in-law. My sister-in-law was an amazing cook and baker. She was exceptionally talented at making zucchini bread, apricot bread and cranberry bread. After all this time, I realized that I have not made one of these. This is truly disappointing to me, because I love a quick sweet bread, but I haven't gone past making my own banana bread. Certainly I am proud of that relatively new accomplishment (it is so nice not having to buy a quick bread mix), but still it is time for me to step it up. So I searched about and finally fell on this recipe by Inger Wilkerson at Art of Natural Living.

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- There are many, many good looking cranberry oatmeal cookie recipes out there. I am sure that they are all quite good. I was drawn to this recipe from My Kitchen Addiction, because they just sounded divine, and from the pics, looked divine as well. :) Oatmeal cookies are a huge favorite of mine, because you can quite often replace breakfast with a couple of these gems.

Layered Cranberry Salad
- This little gem is perfect for an afternoon lunch. I personally think I am going to freeze myself some cranberries so I can make this when the weather gets warmer. It is a chicken salad and cranberry salad together. I found this recipe at yummly. I was drawn to another recipe first, but it had cream of chicken soup in it, and that just made no sense.

Individual Cranberry Trifle
- This recipe came from Taste of Home recipes. I like that you can make just as many or a few as you would like. A restaurant out here called BIN 239 used to have this amazing trifle dessert. It really turned me on to the whole trifle thing. Sadly it doesn't offer trifle on the menu anymore so again it is time for me to learn to do it myself.

I am excited about the opportunity to start trying my hand at these recipes. I hope that they may be a help to you as well.

2 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I think I am going to try making my own cranberry sauce this year. I can't do sugar so making my own would work. Thanks!!

AudreyO said...

My daughter loves cranberries. What a wonderful assortment of recipes. We make a warm cranberry/oatmeal casserole that she enjoys. I want to try the bars you have here.