Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - February 1




WHERE ON EARTH DID JANUARY GO? Seriously, I am stunned!

Last week, I was pleasantly surprised with how good the food I purchased through Angel Food was. The only disappointment I had was probably the roast, but at 1.5 pounds, really there wasn't a lot that could be said. However, the gravy that came of cooking that little bugger all day was superb! In fact, I was able to parlay it into gravy to go with the baked chicken breasts I made, and I am going to use it for my first recipe this week. We were pleasantly surprised with a pie brought to our home from one of the pastors of a church I visited last week (a friend's husband was getting baptized). That made a wonderful dessert addition for Saturday evening's chicken and Sunday night's barbecued baby back ribs.

Now on to this week. I have a pretty full freezer, so I am going to work on taking it down a few notches. :)



MONDAY

Simple Shepherd's Pie - Basically this is about as basic as it gets. Ground beef cooked with garlic powder, chopped onions and pepper combined with frozen corn (left over from Angel Food corn) and the leftover gravy from last week's roast, topped with mashed potatoes (hoping that I have enough potatoes to succeed in this endeavor).

TUESDAY -

Mexican Pizza


Check out some amazing recipes and fabulous blogs at I'm An Organizing Junkie where all the Menu Plan Monday links are located! :)

WEDNESDAY -

Chicken Patty Sandwiches with green salad

THURSDAY -

Crock Pot Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
(after spotting this last week, I HAD to add it to this week's recipes)

FRIDAY -

Leftover hunt

SATURDAY -

Herbed Lemon Chicken (crock pot)


SUNDAY -

Black Bean Quesadillas
with Chicken Tortilla Soup (using leftover chicken from the Herbed Lemon Chicken)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Mmmm, that brown sugar chicken recipe looks goooooood. Let me know how it turns out, I'll let you know if the pomegranate chicken recipe I'm trying this week is worth a go. I'm Carrie from A Chocolate Covered To Do List by the way. :)