Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sydney's DC Discovery (Camp Club Girls #2) Author - Jean Fischer --- REVIEW

Thanks again to Angie Billhart from Barbour Publishing for providing me with a copy of Camp Club Girls & the Mystery at Discovery Lake. The book was provided in order to do my review. No other compensation was provided. All thoughts are my own.

My Review: The second in the Camp Club Girls series brings the reader to Washington DC. The girls are all back and home, but they are staying connected and involved with each other's lives. Their sleuthing is challenged with a new mystery in the Nation's Capital. Elizabeth visits Sydney in DC, but distance doesn't stop the other friends from working together to solve the latest mystery.

Interspersed in the story, the reader learns more about these friends and their backgrounds, and that is truly one of the things I like. Young readers will definitely begin to develop a relationship with these books. Another great factor is there is a little bit of history throughout the book as well. It is a nice sneaky way to learn something new.

Again, this series has delighted me and brought me back to that joy I felt when I read books like this as a preteen. I have no doubt that this will be a favorite for many a teen reader. Another nice side note is that the books are quite reasonably priced. Seriously, THAT is a breath of fresh air as we spend between $12 to $15 on books for the young readers in our lives here.


No comments: