Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Trick 'r Treat - My Review

Last week...at least I think it was last week...I wrote about some of the horror movies I wanted to see. Well, one of the films on my list was Trick 'r Treat. I was really looking forward to this Halloween film, and I honestly didn't think I would even get to see it before Halloween because my Netflix list said it had a really long wait.





Anyway, I was happy to discover this week, that Trick 'r Treat had come in the mail via Netflix! Here is my review:

Trick 'r Treat is a series of interconnected stories focusing around a town on Halloween. It kind of reminded me of a Creepshow kind of horror film, but I enjoyed Creepshow more. That is to say it was not scary but seemed like it was trying to be amusing. Well...mildly amusing. I don't want to say that I hated it, because really it wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted heart pumping, scary horror. Trick 'r Treat was simply not what I was expecting. This is partly my fault as I try not to learn too much about a film before I see it, because I do not want to have anything spoiled for me. I am glad I saw it, but I just wish it was a little scarier. It is hard to get my husband to watch horror movies with me as it is. I don't want to waste those times. :)

In the meantime, I am still hoping to see Paranormal Activity, but it isn't showing in my area...yet.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I can't sleep after watching a horror movie, even a mildly scary one, so I've given up on them altogether. Sorry this one wasn't what you were expecting.

Stormi said...

To bad it wasn't scary enough for you. I must admit I am a bit curioius about paranormal activity but I doubt it will come to my small town theater.

Hope your other scaries are scary enough. :)

Danielle said...

I love scary movies, but actually seem to enjoy suspense thrillers the best. I loved The Uninvited. Now that was a good one!

kalea_kane said...

Danielle, I love a good suspense movie too! With horror, I kind of like the ones that keep me looking over my shoulder. The Uninvited was awesome!!! I am totally with you! :)

kalea_kane said...

I have to watch cartoons or a comedy after some horror movies. I do have an overactive imagination, but I just can't resist! :)

kalea_kane said...

I would love to see Paranormal Activity. I think I want to see it, because I just have a hard time believing anyone in the audience could get that freaked.