Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

An Award - THANK YOU!



Thank you so much to Karen from Bookin' With Bingo for giving me this awesome Pugtastic George award. I have always wanted a pug. Have you ever noticed they are always named George, Floyd or Stanley? I think it is because they are cute enough to get away with it and unique enough to never be given a poofy name like Bubbles. Not that there is anything wrong with Bubbles, it just isn't a great pug name. IMO. If you haven't checked out Karen's site (and really I can hardly imagine that even being a possibility), please head on over and check it out. She is a lovely person, a fabulous blogger and book reviewer, and she is pretty freakin' funny!

Here are the details for this award:




* Put the Pugtastic George Award on your post.
*Nominate any number of people (at any time) that
you feel have gone "above and beyond" in helping
out another blogger.
*Link your nominees in your post.
*Let the nominees know that they have received this
award, by leaving a comment on their blog.
* Be kind and link back to the person from
whom you received the award.

Oh who to give this to? There have been some awesome recipients at this point, and each one totally deserves it. Here are my picks, and they may have been picked before, but just in case I want to pass this along.

1. Gwendolyn at A Sea Of Books. She is just a dear person and really perked up my spirits when I was feeling pretty darn low. She also really helps me miss the East Coast a wee bit less.

2. Sheri from A Novel Menagerie who always has something encouraging to say. Her blog also is quite inspiring.

3. Debbie of Wrighty's Reads. Just reading her posts brings a smile to my face. She is so sincere.

4. Pam of Mom's Mutterings whose pictures really just make me want to embrace my own life.

5. Stormi of Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! One of the very first blogs I have ever followed. Stormi is truly a great person and blogger. I love her reviews, and she has very similar reading tastes as myself. She recently changed her blog up too, and I must say I love it! :)

Thank you again to Karen from Bookin' With Bingo. I really am touched that you blessed me with this award. :)

8 comments:

Bingo said...

Now THAT is a funny, cute blogger, Kelly! You so deserve this and so much more...I always smile when I come to your blog! Thanks and congrats!

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your darling award!

Wrighty said...

Congrats on your award! Pugs are so darn cute and you are so darn nice!! And thanks for passing this to me. You're too kind! :)

Pam said...

Thank you so much, Kelly! I really appreciate you thinking of me. I was feeling a little depressed after all the "excitement" at our house this week and this cheers me up!
BTW, I really enjoy reading your blog also. Your commentary always makes me smile. I promise to post the award next week. I am behind in everything right now!

Anonymous said...

Too - too - too cute! Karen can come up with the neatest awards. Congratulations. Well deserved!

Stormi said...

Thanks for the award. I lov PUGS...lol

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! I come to your blog quite often, and I always find something interesting. :o)

One other tidbit... Not all pugs are named George, Floyd, or Stanley (although, those sound about right for male pugs). Some friends of mine have a female pug named Chloe, and and I have a female "chug" (half pug, half chihuahua) named Bella. Hands down...one of the sweetest dog breeds out there. :o)

Gwendolyn B. said...

Congratulations! You're a terrific person, Kelly, and you deserve this award. I love coming by your blog and seeing what you're up to. And thank you, too! I'm glad to know I've help lift your spirits the way you so often lift mine! :)