Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Catch Up - Part 1 My Vacation

Photobucket


***This is a post of an update that I wrote on July 3rd. Unfortunately Internet Explorer 8 was gaffing up my picture editing so I had to post it today. So I am catching up on catching up. Happy Fourth of July!!!!

Okay...don't call me a dork or corny...because I already know I am. This is a little catch up hense the silly giantic "catsup" bottle. I suppose this could mean I am in a terribly bouyant mood. That would be nice, wouldn't it. I am not in a bad mood, but I have to admit that life is still a struggle.

But really, don't struggles make life more interesting? Well, let's hope so anyway. I kind of have always had an interesting life by that definition. :) Again - seriously - I am not in a downer.

I woke up late today because I had the day off. Because of that, I took my meds at 6:26 am which means that I cannot eat until 10:26 am if I want to be completely rigid. If I don't want to be rigid...awwww screw it, when it comes to my thyroid meds, I am RIGID. I have to be. I don't want to do anything that will screw up absorption.

You know...I have managed to ramble on without even giving an update of any sort. Sweet! Okay...not really sweet. More like "Good Lord, Kelly. Get ON WITH IT!"

We had a wonderful vacation in Pennsylvania. It was absolutely beautiful. One of my favorite things (other than seeing my husband happily showing me places that he loved when he was growing up) was the Wellsboro Pet Parade. In a word... ADORABLE!

****Sorry, I am having a mini break to say that Top Gun is going to be on Oxygen this Fourth of July-- Who else loved that movie? The volleyball scene was CLASSIC. Well, I loved it, and it reminds me of my life and times in college when we would have Val Kilmer marathons and Top Gun was among the picks. Real Genius was also in our marathon another fabulous 80s comedy that if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you do.

Sorry for that break. I am feeling rather tangential today. So where was I? Yes! The parade. It was so cute. Basically a bunch of absolutely adorable children walked the parade route with their pets. Here are some highlights:

Photobucket

Before the parade.

Photobucket

Got to love a marching band.

Photobucket

Not quite sure what this was. They looked awfully cute though.

Photobucket

Sheep are pets too!

Photobucket

Doesn't she look like a little doll on her pony? I had a pony when I was seven years old. It was a Shetland pony. It was very cute until one day when I went to feed it and it chased me through the back yard, to the front door, and when I couldn't open the door I turned around and the little bastard bit me! Seriously, it bit me right on my cheek. GRRRRRRR.

Photobucket

Parade is over. I have more pictures but I just wanted to share a few.



This is just a highlight like I said, but really it was just soooo sweet.





We also did a lot of hiking and family visiting. It was the first time I had met a huge part of my husband's family. When we got married his parents and brother came to the wedding, but that was it. For our trip, we went to his mom's 60th birthday party which was also his grandmother's 80th birthday party. There were relatives EVERYWHERE. It was unnerving, but it was nice too. It is always good to see where your husband came from.



I'll tell you, Pennsylvania was lovely! I haven't seen GREEN in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I love Prescott, but I miss green grass. Well, actually I miss grass in general. We are environmentally responsible and do not have grass. It would be a waste of water where we live. There is a beautiful court house in town that has plenty of grass to enjoy, and we will definitely do that this weekend.



I have a few more photos to share before I go. It is finally time for me to eat.



Vacation:


No comments: