Wedding Day

Wedding Day
Enjoy EVERY moment in your wedding gown. You can't stay in it forever...SO UNFAIR!!!!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Review: Don't You Dare Read This, Mrs. Dunphrey




A while back, I was browsing through Paperback Swap, and I found Don't You Dare Read This, Mrs. Dunphey. I had to get it.

From the back cover:


Everyone Has to keep a jounal in Mrs. Dunphrey's English class, but the teacher has promised she won't read any entry marked "Do not read this." It's the kind of assignment Tish Bonner, one of the girls with big hair who sit in the back row, usually wouldn't take very seriously. But right now, Tish desperately needs someone to talk to, even if it's only a notebook she doesn't dare let anyone read.

As Tish's life spins out of control, the entries in her jounal become more and more private...and dangerous. Is she risking everything that matters to her by putting the truth on paper? And is she risking more by keeping silent?


My Review:


Don't You Dare Read This, Mrs. Dunphrey was a story that even at my age I could relate to. I was a huge journal writer as a young teen, and it was definitely a way for me to really let my inner thoughts flow. It is amazing how we can really not see the chaos and drama that is going on in a teen's life. Or anyone's for that matter.


Tish follows through on her assignment to make several journal entries each week for Mrs. Dunphrey's English class. Because of a promise to not read anything marked "Don't Read This," Tish is actually able to really let her life out on paper that probably doesn't match what her friends and teachers imagine.

The story moves swiftly and is really a pretty short book at just 125 pages. Tish is a teen character that is believable and one that many can relate to. Your emotions just might get caught up in this story. My emotions were definitely caught. Tish is a girl you could actually know, but would be surprised to find out how little you might know. Reading this caused me to really open my eyes to those around me. This was an excellent book, and I am so glad I stumbled on it. :)

Another little treat was because I got it on Paperback Swap it was not just a good deal but also used. The inside cover made me giggle, because first it was signed by one girl who owned it and then another signed it and also drew some funny pictures on the inside cover. Silly but it was kind of sweet to see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting -- Great Review --- Thanks for sharing!